It is the chocolate and kisses of life that make us rich. Enjoy what brings a smile to my face and love to my life.....

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Half Way & A Little More

I just remembered that I made a short little list of things I wanted to accomplish in the year 2012. At the end of 2011, I posted them and I thought it would be an eye opener to see what I have done and what I have not. So here goes......

1) I want to be healthier. I want to look healthier and I want to feel healthier- I have not accomplished this, which is unfortunate. BUT, even though I haven't during the first half of the year, in the past 2 weeks I have focused on my food choices, and started to be much more active. So I am getting there.

2) I want to make exercise fun and something I look forward to most days of the week- Well, this kind of goes with the above goal. I am taking more walks with my dogs and doing zumba which I find fun. I'm still not up there to the "Yeah, let's exercise all day long people" excitement but I was there once, I will find it again.

3) I want to fix the husband's and my schedules so we are able to spend more time together-COMPLETE!!!! The hubby got a new 7-3ish job during the week, giving him every night and every weekend to be at my disposal! My schedule wasn't as enjoyable the past 6 months working nights, but we are definitely spending so much more time together. It is friggin fantastic!

4) I want to spend more time with my family members- We have made a point, every few weeks to get together for some sort of gathering. We have remembered that family is mostly all you have and we are learning to spend much more time together. I am expecting my first little niece or nephew in December so we are all excited about that!
 

5) I want to start a family of our own- In time this will come, in time.

6) I want to finish the two rooms in our home that we now use as over sized closets- We have finished one room, changed it into my workout room. Its much bigger and brighter and I love it. I'm working on the 2nd room right now.

7) I want to take our dogs on more walks- Well we have definitely improved this but it still needs some more. I want to take them on daily walks with my husband. I can't walk 3 dogs, especially since one of them is awful at walking. My fault, well OUR fault... we are working on it.

8) I want to swim in our pool every day this summer- Wish I did this, especially since summer is coming to an end, but I still have time and it's still warm. The new goal...to get in the pool with the husband! Yeah, it's bad.

9) I want to figure out what I'm suppose to be doing with my nursing career- Another goal that is a work in progress. I changed my job from Emergency Department Nurse to Nursing Supervisor and while it was alright, the hours didn't agree with me and I don't feel that it is what I want to do in my life.  So as I said, work in progress.

10) I want to go on a vacation for our 1st anniversary- We went to Atlantic City for 3 days! Wasn't a tropical vacation but we had a good time and are looking forward to a vacation sooner than later!
 

11) I want to go out more and experience more of what is beyond our home's walls- We have definitely spent the past 8 months hanging out with each other all the time. Dinner dates, movie dates, concerts, long drives to nowhere, Mystic, and Atlantic City. We could be doing more now, but we are on a tight budget so we will do stuff when we can!

12) I want to go to Six Flags once- Not yet. I have put this on the to do list for the past 3-4 years and we still have not completed it, but we will...one day.

I plan to do the next four this year, for sure.
13) I want to go apple picking in the Fall
14) I want to go to a Haunted House
15) I want to continue holiday traditions and start new ones
16) I want to give to a family in need during the holidays

17) I want to do a better job of keeping my house clean all the time- I am working on this! Getting everything more organized and loving it!

18) I want to plant flowers and make our house pretty from the outside- probably won't happen until next year.

19) I want to do more with my life, and sleep less- well working nights, I definitely slept less!!! But now that I'm back on a regular schedule, I do feel I have started to conquer this one!

20) I want to be happy- The past 6 months have been hard but I wake up everyday and remind myself that it is MY choice to be happy. It usually works!!!

So there we have it, I have some things to work on! But not as bad as I thought! Can't wait for the rest of the year to get it done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...