It is the chocolate and kisses of life that make us rich. Enjoy what brings a smile to my face and love to my life.....

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Asian Glazed Chicken Thighs

I can't think of a better way to cook than with a glass of crisp wine in your hand. Well, maybe a bottle would be better?!

It's the nights at home with my husband that we spend time together in the kitchen, that make me happy. We don't have to make a gourmet meal or slave for hours over a hot stove. Just being together and creating something delicious with both of our cooking hats on, that is what making dinner should be all about.

We laugh, we joke, we get annoyed with one another- all the wonderful bliss that comes with a marriage between two people.

Last night I tried out a new recipe, Asian Glazed Chicken Thighs. I have a monthly craving for chinese food...if you can catch my drift. Being that we are on a tight budget and all food is coming out of the kitchen, I improvised. To the internet we go!

Ingredients:
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tbsp honey
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 1/2 tbsp chili paste
10 garlic cloves, minced
12 chicken thighs
cooking spray

Directions: Mix vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, chili paste, minced garlic and honey until honey is dissolved. Marinate chicken in the mixture in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning halfway through. Remove chicken from bag, reserving marinade. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pour reserved marinade into a small sauce pan and heat on medium high setting. Allow for marinade to boil and reduce. Bake chicken for 10 minutes, baste with marinade and place back in oven for 10 more minutes. Baste a 2nd time and allow chicken to cook for an additional 10 minutes or until fully cooked.

*I found that the marinade did not thicken up to the consistency that I wanted. So I made a slurry with cornstarch and water and added a very small amount. Whoever made up that, they are sure brilliant!
Recipe adapted from MyRecipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...