It is the chocolate and kisses of life that make us rich. Enjoy what brings a smile to my face and love to my life.....

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Choices

There are so many choices you have to make in life. From the moment you enter this world, it's just a bunch of left and right turns. Sometimes you make the right ones from the start, but a lot of the time you have to learn through wrong choices. You can think of the wrong choices as mistakes, or just paths that lead you in the right direction. I have my moments, where the little pessimistic beast comes out, but for the most part I like to embrace both the good and the bad, and take full responsibility for my choices.

I don't believe in regrets. I believe in following your gut and working hard towards the things you want. It doesn't mean things will ever come easy, but you just try until you get an outcome you are satisfied with. I've been persistent my whole life in everything that I've wanted.

I wanted a Jetta. So when it was time for my first car, a Jetta is what I got.
I wanted to go to nursing school, so I did.
I wanted to move out on my own, so I got my first apartment.

I wanted to work in the emergency department, so I did.

I wanted to date the man that stole my heart, and I got him.
I wanted a dog, so we got one.
I wanted a second dog, so I got one. Okay, sometimes you make decisions before really thinking.
We wanted a house, so we bought one.
I wanted a new car, so I got one.
I knew from the second day I met the Mr. that I was going to marry him, and I did!
Now, don't think any of these decisions were easy.  Life is not a complete fairy tale. What you tell people could always be the frosting on top of the cake, but it doesn't mean things didn't go wrong. They did and they still do. It took a lot of hard work, persistence, and let downs to accomplish the above goals, but I got through it and I'm proud of myself for that.

At the moment, I'm trying to figure out what I want in my career and what really matters to me. It's not an easy decision to make, so I'm trying to take the time I need while still being responsible. In the back of my mind is constantly the question, "is this right?" and I really don't know. What I do know is that all my choices, good or bad have gotten me to this point. So I'm going to have confidence in myself to keep on moving along and make decisions that I hope lead me to my next step.

Life is not perfect, but it can be absolutely wonderful if you just live it! You have the ability to make of it what you want, and I am always reminding myself of that. That's the beauty of it all, its your choice as long as you allow it to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...