It's April 1st, the joke was on US when mother nature dropped some white
Dunkin Donuts made me the best iced coffee EVER.
I shopped with my fabulous reusable baggies. My sister would be proud.
My dogs keep falling asleep in the cracks of my couches.
Now that I've given you some useless information, I'll continue with my second shopping adventure on a budget.
- 2 apples
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- frozen whole chicken
- chobani fat free greek yogurt
- peanut butter
- sugar free raspberry jelly
What we bought:
- 1 red onion
- 2 green peppers
- 2 packages of romaine lettuce hearts (buy 1, get 1 free!)
- 2 packages of strawberries (buy 1, get 1 free!)
- ground beef
- pork roast
- tortilla chips (new: pepper jack flavored)
- 1 box kraft mac n' cheese (request by the Mr.)
- 409 cleaner
- deodorant (no one likes a stinky blogger!)
- cheese pizza (as said in the last SOAB post, good to have on hand for lazy men)
- reduced sugar ketchup
- ranch dressing
- 1 bottle of soda (cut it down from 2!! We are getting somewhere here)
I wanted to keep our budget around $50.00 and I came in strong. $49.00. We still have a lot of things in our pantry, mostly different condiments and sauces. I am trying to incorporate them into our weekly meals so I can get rid of them. As you can see, there's some healthy buys and then some convenient, not all that great, for the man. We are getting there though. The only thing missing the past two weeks, dessert.