It is the chocolate and kisses of life that make us rich. Enjoy what brings a smile to my face and love to my life.....

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Rough days but still I smile

So I have been MIA for the past week. The words weren't coming to me, and my appetite for creative picture worthy food was not here. Sorry about that!

It's been a rough week emotionally, but with all the support and love from my beautiful coworkers, we've gotten through. Last wednesday while at work, we had a six year old pass away. Although I don't have kids yet, it doesn't really matter. My heart broke, for her, her family and for everyone that was involved in trying to save her life. But we didn't. Tears were shed throughout our whole emergency department. Hugs were given, and emotional support has been provided in enormous amounts.

It's moments like these that always make you think how precious life is. We may not understand why things happen, but it's how we embrace the tragedy and what we take from it, that shapes who we are.

I know that I'm a loving person. I try to see the good in everyone and I try to be as honest with myself and others, as I can. I try to live life one day at a time, offering myself to others whole heartedly when needed. Sometimes, who we are gets clouded by every day obstacles. Work, money, time, etc.

Again, I am reminded of what's important. Today I did my usual daily obituary read. I know, it's morbid.  I started the habit when I became a nurse and 5 years later, it's a habit I'm not going to break. I don't really want to. I'm proud of what I do for my profession, I love what I do and with the job, comes death. I care to know what happens to my patient's even after my care is done. Sometimes it makes me sad, but I would rather know, than not know.

If I hadn't given in to my daily obituary read today, I wouldn't have seen that someone from our past lost her four day old baby girl. That my friends, broke my heart. But, I'm glad I know, so I can send my condolences to her and her husband. Reading it, it made my stomach jump up into my throat, and my heart sink into my stomach. I just pray her child didn't suffer, and hope they are surrounded by immense amounts of love and support during this horrible time.

Sorry this post isn't so happy. I hope to get back on the blog, and continue to dazzle people with my wonderful skills *haha* I'm trying to make myself laugh here people, work with me! So for now, I'll smother my pups with love and hugs, because it's something all of us need!
Spoiled rotten, just like they deserve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...