It is the chocolate and kisses of life that make us rich. Enjoy what brings a smile to my face and love to my life.....

Sunday, April 24, 2011

MIA No Longer

It feels like ages since I have been able to write! To be honest, there has been everything and nothing to write about. Does that make sense?

I've had a lot going on lately, but nothing that was blog worthy, or what I felt was something I wanted to write about in the past few weeks.

To summarize the last few weeks in a few words: work, chaos, busy, tired and a few more words, not feeling so hot.

During the past few weeks, I have been able to enjoy some decent eats here and there.

Last night after getting my hair cut (which I will add, I don't like!) we filled our tummies at Chili's Bar & Grill. I enjoyed my favorite salad which was just as delicious as all the other 100 times I've had it.
The Quesadilla Explosion Salad. Yes, I know this comes in over 1200 oh lordy calories in one salad. Almost a whole day's worth of calories in one "salad". Well, I'll make you feel better and admit that I was only able to eat half of it. My appetite hasn't been up to par lately. Which could be a good thing.

Last week, I was also able to get my burger fix on at Popeye's in Morris, Connecticut. This little joint serves up burgers, hotdogs, sandwiches and ice cream in a fast food meets hometown feel. I hadn't been there in ages, so the man and I thought I would relive a childhood memory.

The last time I went there, I was learning how to drive and actually drove my grandparents there to meet the rest of my family. It's a memory I hold dear to my heart, so it was nice to be able to go back.

What I will say is that it doesn't feel the same. Maybe it's because I'm older, wiser and well, I have my own opinions that I like to throw out there, every now and again. Such as, the place needs an update! But, that's my opinion and it doesn't altogether matter much, now does it?

I ordered their Popeye Burger with american cheese. The burger was the size of my face. I was able to eat half of it and feel satisfied. I may have eaten half of the other half and stuffed myself. Sometimes we forget our limits.
The burger was alright. I don't believe I've had a burger there before. Growing up I was more of a hotdog girl. It lacked some seasoning, and dating a chef for the past seven years, my palate has gotten a little judgemental! I hate to say that, but it's the truth!

As for any other shenanigans, I finished my wedding invites and sent them out last week. I've been cutting that one close, so it's a huge weight off my shoulders to finally have them done! It was a pain to do them myself, but I saved us some moolah, so that makes me happy!

Today was Easter, and the funny bunny came to my house, delivering ones of his children, a stuffed bunny and some yummy candy. Skittles + mini cadbury eggs = happiness. It's a simple equation. After 40 days of no sweets during Lent, my breakfast consisted of this.
I ate a chocolate chip cookie. It was the best chocolate chip cookie, but it might have been the start to some tummy trouble that has lasted all day. It appears that not much agrees with my stomach these days in regards to food. I can honestly say after the few meals I've "indulged" in that I've shared today, all have made me feel awful.

So I believe it's time to clean up the diet and start eliminating foods to see who the culprit is. I'd rather give up something I love, then feel this way because it's the pits!

So that's all for now. Hope to get back into blog life, because it makes me happy! Hope everyone enjoyed their Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...