It is the chocolate and kisses of life that make us rich. Enjoy what brings a smile to my face and love to my life.....

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Carbs, Carbs, Carbs

I have always been a lover of all things carb related. Give me a piece of bread, and I'll have two more thanks. Crackers, pretzels, pasta, sweets, it's a downfall.

But then I started to notice how those foods make me feel. Bloated, uncomfortable, tired, irritable and in 30 minutes after eating them, I could see the scale go up. No I am not one to get on the scale after every thing I eat. I did a little experiment and I "gained" 3 lbs after eating 2 pieces of toast! I know that I didn't truly gain that but it did trigger my interest.

So I try to stay away from breads, pastas, crackers and sweets. Being that my blog title is Lovin' Chocolate Cake, you can see that some days it's not the easiest thing to do, and I do fail. But I figure it's how I embrace that fail, learn from it, move on, and keep a positive attitude. I have to remind myself before giving in to temptation, that I don't like feeling swollen, unhappy with stomach pain at the end of the night, because I most certainly do NOT! 


This doesn't always make foods completely interesting to me though. I am an Italian girl and I LOVE LOVE LOVE pasta dishes & pizza. So I have to learn how to substitute. Spaghetti squash is my new best friend, we are spending a lot of time together during these cold months.  You can only eat so many proteins and veggies without going crazy sometimes. You have to change things up, to keep your palate interested so that you stick with the plan. It's an every day challenge.
If you haven't noticed, I'm a little obsessed with the funny cartoons. Oh well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...