It is the chocolate and kisses of life that make us rich. Enjoy what brings a smile to my face and love to my life.....

Monday, February 7, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Dip....YUM

Ah, yes the day of good eats & lots of yelling at the television: Super Bowl! I am not one for football. Not to say that I don't enjoy watching hot men tackle each other with tight pants on, wait was I suppose to say that?!? Despite the fact that I don't have a favorite sports team, I did partake in some super bowl festivities. While I got there late (as always when the man isn't around, why is that?), I was able to enjoy some family bonding and good laughs. Have I mentioned that my mother is a nut? I should write a blog and just quote her. THAT would be a funny blog too good to resist!!

For my dish, I made my all time favorite dip. So easy. So delicious. Ok, maybe it comes in second to DG's spinach and artichoke dip but that isn't the title of this blog, is it? There are different variations of this dip, so you can make it anyway you like.....I like it this way.

Ingredients: Chicken, 1 cup ranch dressing, 1 cup Franks hot sauce, 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, 8 oz cream cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Meanwhile, boil a pot of water, add chicken and cook until cooked through and easy to shred. I eyeball the amount I use, but it's usually between 12-16 ounces.

Cut cold cream cheese (cold is better, cuts easier) into 8 cubes and arrange on the bottom of baking dish.

Add hot sauce, ranch dressing and cheese on top of cream cheese.


Place in oven uncovered for 10 minutes, take out and stir. Place back in oven for another 10 minutes.

When chicken is cooked, shred and add to rest of mixture. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes.

Serve with whatever you fancy. Tortilla chips, bread, crackers, celery, peppers, chocolate. Maybe not, although chocolate goes with anything these days.

This dip is fantastic. It's creamy, spicy, salty and slathered on anything, tastes oh so good. It's up there with chocolate cake. If you haven't yet, try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...