It is the chocolate and kisses of life that make us rich. Enjoy what brings a smile to my face and love to my life.....

Friday, October 12, 2012

Pierogi Lasagna

When I was little, my grandma use to make pierogis and they were delicious! I remember sitting at the table with the big bowl in front of us with both of my grandparents, who I miss dearly. While we still enjoy pierogis in our home, I decided to take a different approach and make a lasagna! It is a great recipe and I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

Ingredients
12 cooked lasagna noodles
2 cups ricotta cheese
2 eggs
2 cups grated cheddar cheese, 
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
*2 1/2 cups mashed potatoes (prepared to your liking)
2 cups caramelized onions
12-16 oz diced ham
1 tsp onion powder
salt & pepper
Bacon- crisp & crumbled for topping (You can also use bacon bits)

*I prepared my mashed potatoes with a little salt, black pepper, garlic powder and milk. It was just the right amount of seasoning.

Directions: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook lasagna noodles according to packaged directions. Prepare mashed potatoes. In a saute pan, caramelize onions. In a bowl mix ricotta, eggs, onion powder, salt & pepper. Mix cheddar and mozzarella cheese together. Mix mashed potatoes with onions, ham and 1/2 cup cheese. Layer lasagna...noodles, ricotta, noodles, potatoes, and cheese. Repeat ending with noodles and topping with cheese and bacon. Bake for 30 minutes until cheese is golden brown.


Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I love pierogis, so I know I would enjoy your recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the post! I hope you do enjoy the recipe...it makes a good amount so I hope you like leftovers, it still tastes great days later!

      Delete
  2. Love your blog, very nice! This recipe looks fantastic. Cannot wait to try it. Stop by and visit us. We are having a terrific giveaway from a Southern author this week. Register in the Televenge post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to come to my blog, I appreciate it! I will definitely stop by and take a look! Hope you enjoy the recipe!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...