It is the chocolate and kisses of life that make us rich. Enjoy what brings a smile to my face and love to my life.....

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Chinese Fried Rice

It is a very hard toss up to decide what flavors encompass my favorite cuisine. I am a food lover so I like a variety. If I had to choose, it would be between Italian and Asian flavors. I love them both and on the days I don't have a clue what to cook, they are always an awesome back up plan. About a month ago, I stumbled upon this recipe from the Life as a Lofthouse blog (which I love!) Both recipes are absolutely delicious! We are a big fans of the simplicity and tastiness of this chinese rice!

Ingredients
3 cups cooked white rice (leftover rice works best but we've made it right before and it's still great!)
4 tbsp sesame oil
1 onion, chopped
1 cup frozen peas and carrots
2 tsp minced garlic
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce

Directions: Heat the sesame oil on medium high heat in a large saute pan or wok. Add the chopped onion, peas and carrots, and minced garlic, cooking until tender. Turn heat down to medium low, adding egg to pan and scrambling. Mix in rice and add soy sauce, blending all ingredients until heated through.

I don't need chinese take out anymore because of this recipe. So it's good on my wallet as well as my waist since we know all the ingredients!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...