It is the chocolate and kisses of life that make us rich. Enjoy what brings a smile to my face and love to my life.....

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day One

Day one was a success. Woke up (although on these cold mornings, our beds feel so pleasantly warm, huh?), put some laundry in, loaded the dishwasher and got to my workout:

~ 20 minutes elliptical intervals, levels 4 and 7
~ 30 minutes treadmill walking @ 3.5
~ biceps & squats

Then continued on with the day and some eats throughout the day:

Slice of homemade quiche with NSA ketchup
1 green bell pepper
Medium dunkin donuts FV coffee with splenda
2 babybel cheese
1 cup celery with 2 tbsp roasted red pepper hummus

The man came home and we ventured out in search of a camera. I have a basic kodak camera that was bought for me years ago by my love, but it's not a very good camera. (Although I loved it when he bough it for me, first camera ever!) After going to Sears, Walmart & Target with no luck (and really bad service at all three) the tummy was rumbling.

So we decided to head to Maggie's to enjoy some eats. When we got there we were both famished and had no idea what to get. Note to self: when hungry do NOT go to a restaurant with pages and pages of choices. We started off the with the spinach and artichoke dip. It comes with bread, homemade potato chips, tortilla chips and an assortment of veggies. Then man ate the bread and potato chips while I feasted on the tortilla chips and veggies. As always, it was a winner.


Then for my entree I enjoyed a "garbage burger" that included melted american cheese, mushrooms and onions, no bun with a side caesar salad. Sorry no picture of the burger! 


All in all, an uneventful day BUT I did eat intuitively and mostly healthy, plus I got my exercise in. So on to today, we have about 2 feet already of snow and it's still coming. The dilemma, to drive to work and be a wreck, or well, not. We shall see.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...